Metallic sheen finish refers to a special type of printing technique or ink that adds a metallic appearance to printed materials. It is used to create a shiny and reflective surface that mimics the appearance of metals like gold, silver, bronze, or copper. It can be used on a variety of products :
Get the best finishing for your print project with personalized metallic sheen finish!
The metallic sheen effect in printing is achieved through the use of metallic inks or coatings that contain metallic particles. There are several techniques and methods used to create the metallic sheen finish, depending on the printing process and the desired level of shine. Here are some common methods:
- Metallic Inks: Printing with metallic inks is one of the most straightforward ways to achieve a metallic sheen finish. These inks contain metallic pigments or particles that reflect light and create the metallic effect. Metallic inks can be used in various printing processes, such as offset printing, flexography, and screen printing.
- Metallic Foils: Foil stamping is another popular method for creating metallic sheen finishes. In this process, a metallic foil, usually made of thin metal or metal-like material, is stamped onto the printed surface using heat and pressure. The foil adheres only to the areas that have been treated with a special adhesive or where the design has been pre-printed with a reactive layer. The result is a highly reflective and metallic appearance that adds an extra layer of luxury and elegance to the printed material.
- UV Coatings: UV coatings are clear coatings that are applied over the printed surface and then cured using ultraviolet (UV) light. Some UV coatings contain metallic particles that create the metallic sheen effect when the light hits them. This method is commonly used for short-run print jobs and adds a protective layer while enhancing the visual appeal of the printed material.
- Lamination: Metallic sheen finishes can also be achieved through lamination. In this process, a thin layer of metallic foil or film is applied to the surface of the printed material and then bonded using heat and pressure. The lamination process creates a smooth, reflective surface with a metallic appearance.
- Digital Printing: With advancements in digital printing technology, some digital printing presses offer the capability to reproduce metallic sheen effects directly during the printing process. These presses use specialized metallic inks or toners that incorporate metallic particles to create the desired effect.
No project is too big for Best Deals Graphics and Printing! If you want metallic sheen finish for your print project, don’t hesitate to contact us! Our design team will assist you with your trade printing project every step of the way. Get a quote online and obtain free shipping everywhere in Canada!
- High quality printing
- Low startup quantity (minimum 500)
- Available on 100% recycled paper
- Available with Glossy and matt finish
- Available in custom sizes