Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Founded 30 years ago, BD Print has been a trade printer well-known for its great expertise and know-how in the printing industry. We provide efficient and high-quality print projects for any budgets and any business type. Our team commits to deliver printing products of the utmost quality to our clients everywhere in Ontario and Canada, while respecting the deadlines and schedules, and offering competitive prices. BD Print offers a friendly working environment that always encourages employees’ development, as well as great opportunities to accomplish themselves professionally. We are currently looking for a Press Feeder to complete our press team. Located in Scarborough, Ontario, our trade printing facility specializes in innovative trade printing business and provides a complete printing service accessible through our website. We are looking for candidates who have the skills featured below, and who also want to be a part of a team whose first commitment is help our clients bring their visions to reality, by offering and delivering premium printing products.
- Press feeder will support press operator in the function of a large volume press
- Responsible for operating and maintaining the feeder section of the press
- Maintain outstanding safety standards
- Ensure press supplies are always available and ready to use
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of two years experience in a commercial or trade printing company or equivalent manufacturing industry
- Strong mechanical skills, manufacturing experience, and the capacity to follow detailed instructions
- Experience with commercial sheetfed work preferred
- Must be reliable and flexible to meet all customer demands
- Communicates with others in a positive and helpful manner
- Excellent organizational and mathematical skills
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Prepare production schedules
- Contribute to continuous improvement, productivity, quality, customer service, cost reduction, safety and housekeeping
- Ability to work efficiently with no supervision and the ability to work in a team environment and be a Team Player
- Set up press and operate at slow speed to check samples
- Remove and clean plates and cylinders at end of press run
- Mount plates or cylinders and make necessary adjustments
- Monitor regular press run for quality using computer control console
- Fill ink fountains and control colour and viscosity
- Full-time, Permanent.
- Wage: depending on relevant experience.
- Employer paid benefits are offered to employees after 3 month probation.
- BD Print commits to offer equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sexual orientation, family status, ethnic origin, colour, sex, age, marital status and/or disability. We commit into treating all persons with dignity, independence, integration and respect. Accommodations can be arranged on demand.
- Alternative formats of this position are available upon request.
All applications will be considered. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview. Also, if the applicants qualify for other available positions, they may still be contacted.
Thank you for applying!
Applying: Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for you!
Are you passionate about printing? You are looking for a promising career? Best Deal Graphic and Printing is regularly seeking new talents to join our dynamic team. That is a unique opportunity for any career, related to trade printing: sales representative, prepress operator, design, digital press operator and so on.
Here are some of the careers you can pursue at Best Deal Graphic and Printing
Bindery / Customer Service / Design / Press Operators / Prepress and much more.