Printing Press Operator
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Founded 30 years ago, BD Print has been a trade printer known for its great expertise and know-how in the trade printing industry. We provide high-quality print projects for any budgets and any business type. Our team commits to deliver printing products of the best quality to our customers everywhere in Ontario and Canada, while respecting the deadlines and schedules, and offering competitive prices. BD Print offers a friendly working environment that always encourages employees’ development, as well as great opportunities to accomplish themselves professionally. We are currently looking for a Printer Press Operator to complete our press team. Located in Scarborough, Ontario, our trade printing facility is specialized in advanced trade printing business and provides a complete printing service accessible via our website. We are looking for candidates who have the skills featured below, and who also want to be a part of a team whose main objective is help our clients bring their visions to reality, by offering and delivering premium printing products.
- Setup, configure, and operate the sheet feed press to produce high quality print products.
- Access the Batching System to view press schedule and identify priority jobs to be completed.
- Examine job orders to determine the quantity to be printed, stock specifications, color(s) and special printing instructions.
- Ensure Press Crew (Feeder) prepares Press Machine for the next job once current job is complete.
- Monitor Press Cycle and performance, ensuring optimum press performance and job quantity reporting along, with defect and quality checks.
- Blend and test paint, inks, stains, and solvents according to types of material being printed and work order specifications.
- Correct misprinted materials, using materials such as ink eradicators or solvents.
- Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications, and external defects.
- Input instructions in order to program automated machinery, using a computer keyboard.
- Pack and label cartons, boxes, or bins of finished products
- Meets or exceeds productions, quality, and efficiency requirements at all times
- Verify customer specifications for each product using computer system.
- Follow and complete all work instructions for each job.
- Check quality continually ensuring standards are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for the safe and effective operation of the printing press, while maintaining quality meeting the client’s specifications
- Perform quality checks prior to sending product to the Die Cutting department.
- Operate a walkie to transport product within and between departments.
- Conduct make readies.
- Troubleshoot and maintain printing equipment as required.
- Responsible for knowing equipment lockout procedures.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents etc…
- Ensure all equipment, tools, and work station are in good working order and is free of safety hazards. (floor swept, debris, etc.)
- Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Report all work related injuries, illnesses, and/or near misses to management immediately.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Must have a high-school diploma or equivalent experience
- 3-5 year’s experience as Sheet Fed Press Operator (Heidelberg 105XL 6 color).
- Able to read and comprehend job assignment Docket and other instructional specifications.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Mechanically inclined and production oriented.
- T./Computer Literate to access print schedule.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Full-time, Permanent.
- Wage: depending on relevant experience.
- Employer paid benefits are offered to employees after 3 month probation.
- BD Print commits to offer equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sexual orientation, family status, ethnic origin, colour, sex, age, marital status and/or disability. We commit into treating all persons with dignity, independence, integration and respect. Accommodations can be arranged on demand.
- Alternative formats of this position are available upon request.
All applications will be considered. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview. Also, if the applicants qualify for other available positions, they may still be contacted.
Thank you for applying!
Applying: Please submit resumes to email@example.com
We are looking for you!
Are you passionate about printing? You are looking for a promising career? Best Deal Graphic and Printing is regularly seeking new talents to join our dynamic team. That is a unique opportunity for any career, related to trade printing: sales representative, prepress operator, design, digital press operator and so on.
Here are some of the careers you can pursue at Best Deal Graphic and Printing
Bindery / Customer Service / Design / Press Operators / Prepress and much more.